Welcome to the practice of Dr. Mark Mitchell Jones an Ear Reconstruction and Microtia Specialist
Parents of children who are born with congenital deformities such as cleft palate or microtia are usually overwhelmed with emotion and unsure where to turn to help their children. A birth defect can be a stigma that new parents find hard to deal with. They fear what will happen when the child realizes that they are “different” from other children.
Know Your Options
It’s important for parents to understand the options open to them when considering microtia or other types of ear reconstruction surgeries, including otoplasty. While there are several different methods for microtia repair including artificial implants, plastic glue-on or snap-on ears, we believe that the time tested, tried, and true sculpted rib graft technique is the best. It has the advantage of using one’s own natural tissue and is less susceptible to infection or rejection than an artificial ear.
Trust an Experienced Surgeon
Dr. Mark Mitchell Jones of Atlanta Plastic Surgery Specialists is double board certified in plastic surgery and otolaryngology (ENT) and has done over 500 ear surgery procedures using the time tested rib graft technique. Dr. Jones is one of the leading authorities on ear reconstruction and has created the Guide to Microtia to help parents understand the defect. He has had 20 years of schooling and training at some of the most prestigious institutions and hospitals across the United States and Europe as well as over 20 years of experience in plastic surgery. Dr. Jones also developed proprietary methodologies to improve the rib graft technique and solve issues patient have encountered.
Here are some highlights of Dr. Jones’s credentials:
- Stanford University; Plastic Surgery Residency and adjunct Clinical Faculty Plastic Surgery
- Fulbright Fellowship in Plastic Surgery in Paris, France
- The Johns Hopkins University; Residency in ENT and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Associate Clinical Staff
- Oxford University, England; Bachelor’s and Master’s in Medical Physiology/Research
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand; Medical Business Administration
- Medical College of Georgia; Medical Doctor (MD)
- Emory University; Bachelor’s in Chemistry and Pre-Med
- Click here to learn more about Dr. Mark Jones’s credentials.
Schedule a Consultation
Ear surgery requires the expert skill of a plastic surgeon along with the understanding of the functionality of the inner workings of the ear. With these skills, Dr. Jones is uniquely qualified to perform quality microtia and ear reconstruction surgery. To learn more about Dr. Jones or his technique, schedule a consultation with Atlanta Plastic Surgery Specialists.